All PA Section members that became members following the 2014 AGM must re-submit their application to the CCCPA-CCCAP to obtain certification. Those members that passed the previous membership exam are not required to write the certification exam, as long as the graduate applies prior to the December 31, 2018 deadline.
The deadline for PA Master's program graduates that are applying for certification via the PA Master's program graduation route of application to successfully write the certification exam is 3 years following their graduation date, except those that graduated prior to the implementation of the certification process (June 12, 2017). These graduates have a deadline of the 2020 CAP-ACP PA Section Conference and AGM to successfully write their certification exam.
The Canadian Certification Council of Pathologists’ Assistants (CCCPA-CCCAP) is pleased to announce that Canadian Pathologists’ Assistants may now apply for certification via the CCCPA-CCCAP, effective immediately.
To apply, complete the application package found at: http://www.cap-acp.org/CCCPA_Applicant_Documents.php
Forward the completed application to: email@example.com
Certification fee - $550.00 (no additional fee if you are required to write the exam)
The exam will be available at each institution that offers a qualified Pathologists’ Assistants Master’s Program following the graduation date of the PA Master’s students. It will also be available on a yearly basis (with limited seatings) at:
- The Ontario Association of Pathologists’ Annual Meeting (mid-September)
- The Annual Residents’ Review Course (January)
- The CAP-ACP Pathologists’ Assistant Section Annual Meeting (June or July)
- The Banff Pathology Course (September long weekend)
- University of Calgary - November 17 (Bill Gorday to invigilate)
The exam will be made available at the Events & Management Plus Inc (EM+) office in Kingston, Ontario for a date that is agreed upon by the applicant and EM+.
All PA Section members that became members following the 2014 AGM must re-submit their application to the CCCPA-CCCAP to obtain certification. Those Members that passed the exam are not required to re-write the exam.
For more information, please see the CCCPA-CCCAP Document Library.
CCCPA Executive and Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer: Danielle Lee - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Chief Operating Officer: Amanda Chan - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Chief Financial Officer: Dr. Catherine Ross MD FRCPC - Pathologist
- Director of Exam: Bill Gorday - Pathologists’ Assistant
- Director: Dr. Rosemary Henderson MD FRCP - Pathologist
CCCPA Document Library:
- Annual Forms
- Statements, Policies & Bylaws
- Applicant Documents
- Assessment and Recertification Process
- Certified Pathologists' Assistants